February 2, 2012

The Best of All Possible Worlds!


  • Still in a state of disbelief. I was sort of overwhelmed when I saw that I had actually passed on the screen. I guess I hadn’t thought about how to handle my feelings if I failed, but neither had I thought about how to handle my feelings if I had passed. There are so many thoughts going through my head right now; I was too anxious to get much done at work after the test. I don’t know if that stems from the fact that I’m now suddenly overwhelmed at work with a new sense of purpose, or if its just from the indefinite amount of coffee I loaded up on last night and this morning.
  • I had prepared for the test, and was confident going into it. However, after the first 10 questions in which I marked each one for review. Feelings start to settle in that I was not going to be able to pass. I thought, “if this is a test to measure readiness of being an independently licensed social worker and I fail, then maybe I’m just not ready.” I went through several different feelings and emotions during the course of the test. Once I finished the initial run of the 170 questions, something told me to just hit the CONTINUE button and press my luck. I had about 2 hours left, so I reviewed the questions I had marked, and ignored the ones that I hadn’t marked. The marked questions that I felt confident about, I ‘unmarked’ them, but leaving several that I still had questions about. At the end of the second run of the test, I decided not to review the questions that I still had marked. “If I was not confident the first two times, I don’t see what difference a third time would make.”  I had about an hour left at this point. There were a lot of straightforward recall questions that I felt I just didn’t know. There were also several questions that I could not decide between two choices. The survey at the end of the test really served as a “cool down” before the results. A couple of clicks later… and there was ‘PASS’ staring me in the face. A New Journey perhaps? 

  • Part of me wants to see the questions that I missed and how I faired on the many questions I wrestled with for several minutes, but the great majority of me NEVER wants to see another social work multiple choice question again!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Best Web Hosting Coupons