February 1, 2012

Preparing for the LCSW exam: The night before

     Tomorrow is the big day. I’ve done just about all of the studying and preparing one could hope for. And I’ve spent just about as much money in preparing for the test as one could hope not to! Still, a part of me is longing for the days of college and burning the midnight oil. I’ve taken countless online practice exams, study books, index cards, study apps, etc. I keep telling myself that I’m good at taking standardized tests, but yet I don’t want to feel too comfortable.

      At this point however, I’m happy just to be able to take the test. The hardest part of the LCSW process by far is finding a supervisor for 2 years. So tomorrow, win, lose, or draw… on second thought, the only good possible outcome is to pass. In fact, the thought of not passing hasn’t crossed my mind until now. I’ve spent nearly 7 years as an LMSW and honestly I feel that I would be in the same boat as an MSW that has just graduated, except with a higher price tag. Hopefully, tomorrow brings a better me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Best Web Hosting Coupons